The following goals are goals that I feel I need to accomplish in order to become a better teacher. They are things that I do not feel comfortable with and that I need to mindfully work on.
Goal #1
Getting better at writing lesson plans.
This is an essential part of teaching. If your ideas, schedule, objectives, and standards are not clear then your lesson will not be clear.
Action plan:
I will try a few different styles of lesson plans that have different lay outs to see if there is one that works better for me. I will also ask to look at my cooperating teachers lesson plans to see what it looks like out in the field. The last thing that I plan to do to help me accomplish this goal is to make a check list so that every time that I am making a lesson plan I can make sure that I have all the components included.
Goal #2
Being a more confident teacher.
When I go into a classroom that belongs to a different teacher I feel shy about taking over because I did not want to step on any one's toes or get in any ones way.
Action Plan:
I need to know that I am a good teacher. I will make sure that I am totally prepared so that I feel certain that I will be able to teach the material to any learning level. The last thing that I will do to make sure that this goal is met is to make sure that the lines of communication are always open between me and my cooperating teachers so that I know what they expect of me and what exactly they want mt to be doing.
Goal #3
Be more aware of my language as a teacher and make sure that it is appropriate.
I do not say inappropriate words, but sometimes I feel that I am not 100% clear with my communication with my students. I want to make sure that I am professional and do not say words like "um" or "you guys".
Action Plan:
In order to work on this goal I need to be conscience about the words that I am saying. I need to be sure that I am listening to myself and hearing what I am saying. I will also write out the directions that I will be giving to the students and then read them to someone to make sure that they are clear and precise. When I am teaching I think that it is a good idea to tape record myself so that I can play it back and I can listen to my directions and the words that I say so that I know how I am doing and what I need to work on.
No comments:
Post a Comment